ON THIS PAGE: INTERVIEWS AND ARTICLES, BOOKING
INTERVIEWS AND ARTICLES
Studio Interview on WMDT, ABC 47 in Salisbury, MD (5/3/12)
“Extreme Boomer Travelers Walk 6,800 Miles Across The USA,” by Doris Gallan, The Huffington Post (05/14/12) (note: it was actually 5,000 miles)
“Hiking humanitarians complete cross-country journey,” by Nick Roth, Cape Gazette (5/4/12)
“Couple taking big steps for mankind,” by Seth Grundhoefer, Madison Courier (2/11/12)
“A unique kind of journey: Couple hiking across the country to bring awareness to issues facing millions,” by Chris Morris, Jeffersonville News and Tribune (2/5/12)
“Couple on 5,000 mile hike to document human kindness,” by Jesse Rininger, Evansville Courier Press (1/22/12)
“Humanitarian hikers stop in Summit County,” by Kathryn Corazzelli, Summit Daily (9/17/11)
“Hiking Humanitarians stop in Crested Butte on way across America,” by Mark Reaman, The Crested Butte News (9/7/11)
“A hike for humanity: Courageous Couple Visits CMU” by Sami Jo Pfost, The Criterion (8/28/11)
“‘Hiking Humanitarians’ stop in Moab during cross-country trek” by Jeff Richards, Moab Times Independent (8/17/11)
“Humanitarian hikers stop over in Carson City” by Teri Vance, Nevada Appeal (6/21/11)
“Norfolk Couple Plans 5,000-mile Hike for Humanity” by Ricky Campbell, Register Citizen (4/26/11)
“Norfolk Couple Hiking Cross-Country for a Cause” by Max Wittstein, Litchfield County Times (4/15/11)
“Alumni hike Discovery Trail” by Ben Fechter, The Daily Campus (4/17/11)
“Sinclair goes to great lengths to take a hike. For Sinclair it’s only natural” by Tommy Hine, Hartford Courant Outdoors (10/23/92)
Because of my wife Cindy’s affliction with early onset Alzheimer’s, my current focus is on brain health and our recent journeys together. Invite me to speak about the following related topics:
- Cindy’s overall journey of Hope with Alzheimer’s.
- Why a healthy quality of life is the only effective treatment for Alzheimer’s.
- How hiking improves brain health.
- Caregiver advice for turning tragedy into inspiration.
- Detecting the signs for Alzheimer’s and dementia.
I also do interviews for the media about kindness, community and humanity topics that were the focus of our American Discovery Trail journey. Here are some potential media questions:
- What are the virtues of being uncivilized?
- How are brain health and humanitarian issues related?
- What are keys to vibrant communities?
- What are the five new demographics for those who are food-challenged?
- What was the most inspirational act of kindness from your 5,000 mile walk?
- What was the most inspirational example of community you observed?
To arrange for an interview email: email@example.com.